Are you looking for a new challenge within Information Technologies? Maybe this job as Lead IT Business Analyst in New Haven CT (USA) is for you!
SARGENT is a market leader in locksets, high security key systems, door closers, exit devices, electro-mechanical products, and access control systems for new construction, renovation, and replacement applications. The company's customer base includes commercial construction, institutional and industrial markets. Included in SARGENT's product offerings are windstorm certified locks, hardwired and wireless access control devices, designer levers and an antimicrobial hardware coating.
Visit www.sargentlock.com for bored lock, mortise lock, exit device and key system product specifications.
SARGENT has a great opportunity as a Lead IT Business Analyst to ensure that business processes and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs. This position is a key liaison between the technical IT staff that implements business process management technology solutions and the line-of-business staff that performs the process work. Business analysts must be able to straddle the IT and business domains and communicate (or broker communications) between each side. This person is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of process models (primarily conceptual/logical level models, often using business process analysis [BPA] tools) and work with others to provide the supporting process ecosystem and implementations (including screen interactions, dashboards, rule management and optimization algorithms). This position deals with the more tactical, day-to-day aspects of discovering, validating, documenting and communicating business-process-related knowledge through modeling, simulating and analyzing current and future states. The Business analyst supports the business process owner, enabling them to make better decisions about changing processes to drive higher performance outcomes consistently..
* Defines and documents business functions and processes.
* Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
* Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, and consultants in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
* Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
* Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
* Plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects.
* Researches and prepares reports. Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
* Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
* Develops training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module.
Requirements / Education
* Five or more years of business process analysis, major computer system implementations or change management.
* ?Three or more years of working with cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
* ?Experience in process innovation and business process redesign is preferable.
* ?Strong project management skills including a demonstrated ability to deliver large business process change initiatives across the enterprise.
* ?Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
* ?Strong influence and negotiation skills
* ?Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
* ?Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists
* ?Strong presentation, spreadsheet, flow charting and word processing applications skills
* ?Principles and practices of producing effective project documentation including business functions, business information systems and practices; principles, practices and techniques
* ?Procedures and methods for testing business functions within computer systems, using troubleshooting and analytical skills
* ?Strong Time management and organizational skills
\\\"Let's open the doors to the future - together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities.
Would you like to join us in opening doors of the future?\\\"
SARGENT Manufacturing/ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran
Associated topics: business advisory, business analysis, business analyst, business intelligence, consult, crm, market, marketing, sap, senior consultant Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analyst, business systems, client, consult, information technology consultant, sap, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.